[Pibe-division] pwanted peoples advice to take autism workshop have asked for registration materials to be sent in alternate format rather than pdf

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:35:53 UTC 2011

Hi educators  and blind consumers:

I am a certified teacher of the blind and visually impaired and am blind myself. My state education department, new York state education department is requiring all certified teachers of the blind and visually impaired to take an autism workshop. I have contacted a provider who is willing to email me the handouts and I will make sure that these handouts are transcribed into Braille, so I can effectively participate in the workshop. However, the registration material is only accessible in a pdf format. I have emailed the provider requesting to send me the registration material to sign up for this workshop in either Microsoft word or text file. I would like to know from other blind teachers or blind consumers if my request is a reasonalable one. Please feel free to comment on my question.

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York

Independent Related Service Provider Vision Education Services in New York City

email: sararooz at gmail.com