[Pibe-division] PIBE Concerns

EricGuillory at aol.com EricGuillory at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 15:26:23 UTC 2012

Hi All,
What a pleasure to wake up and find so much traffic on the PIBE  list. And,
I am very grateful that the discussion conquered what was, for a very
brief time, some mildly combative language and continued to move forward
productively.
You can rest assured that I will be in Dallas, and hope to see each  of you
at the annual meeting of our division—the National Organization of
Professionals in Blindness Education (PIBE). As President of our division, allow
me to say that the Board and I wish to work collaboratively with you to i
mprove  and strengthen this body and build on the foundation established last
year.
Our division meeting is Monday, July 2, from 1:00-3:30 in the  Fleur-de-lis
B Room, Atrium mezzanine. I encourage all Dallas attendees to be  there!
Annual membership dues are $25, and we can now accept cash, check, or  credit
card payments. These dues are far lower than other professional
organizations and entitle you to take part in elections, as well as assisting in  the
funding of what we hope will be beneficial programs going forward (e.g.,
webinars, regional conferences).
More than your membership dues, we are interested in your ideas and  ways
in which we can, together, grow this organization and make certain that it
is one that is dynamic—ever evolving to meet the changing and diverse needs
of  professionals serving blind and visually impaired students birth to 21.
So, if  you will be in Dallas, I strongly encourage your attendance and
active  participation at the meeting! And, if circumstances prevent you from
being  there, please email me off-list with your suggestions, concerns, etc. We
are a  membership organization—and always want to be membership-driven.
Also, for those  not able to attend, we hope to have PayPal tied to our PIBE
bank account soon so  that you can join online. I will be in touch with more
details in that regard as  the situation warrants.
Thank you for making this a much more heavily-used, and thereby
informative, list this past year. I look forward to that trend continuing, as  well as
to increased PIBE membership.
Thanks to each of you for contributing to what I know will be a  great
meeting and year for this organization.
Eric Guillory
PIBE President