[Pibe-division] college project on people who work with the blind

Rachel Boy Rachel.Boy at students.olin.edu
Mon Feb 4 23:26:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm with a team of college students taking a course called User Oriented Collaborative Design at Olin College of Engineering in Massachusetts. In the course, we choose a group of people to study intensively, and my team has chosen people who work with the blind - which is why I'm sending this email.  If anyone would be willing to take some time to talk with my team, we would very much appreciate it.

We'd like to have a conversation with you about your life and experiences working with the blind. This could be just one short interview, or if you find that you're interested in continuing to help, could happen several times over the course of the semester. We'd use the insight we get from talking to you to deepen our understanding of your needs and eventually propose a product to address those needs, perhaps ones even you don't pay attention to.

If you think this sounds interesting, please let me know - my team would love to meet with you! (In person if you live in the Boston area, or virtually if you elsewhere.) You can respond directly to me at rachel.boy at students.olin.edu.

Thank you!

Rachel Boy