[Pibe-division] vision presentation

Kristin Shumann kshumann at galesburg205.org
Mon Sep 22 18:07:07 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas and references so as not to re-invent the wheel.  I
am a TVI/OMS and I am going do a presentation for regular education
teachers, other special ed. teachers, therapists,etc. about vision issues
in the regular education classroom.  In other words, what about those kids
who aren't "visually Impaired", but still seem to have vision problems?

I'm planning to give information about the difference between near and
distance vision, how to tell if glasses are for near or distance correction
(or both), visual impairment vs. learning disability, tips for kids with
monocular vision, how eye patching works, a basic review of refractive
errors, who to contact for financial assistance purchasing glasses for
kids, who to contact with questions or concerns and have a
question-and-answer session.

I'd like to put together a slideshow/powerpoint presentation, (which I've
never done before), and would like suggestions on what to include.  I'm
sure someone out there has probably given this type of presentation
before... thanks in advance for any help!

Kristin Shumann