[Pibe-division] Interesting job available at the Maryland School for the Blind

Sandy Bishop sandra.bishop at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:09:11 UTC 2016

My daughter is receiving services (starting tomorrow) from 2 itinerant TVIs
working from the Outreach department of MSB on a rotating basis (2 out of
every 3 days). They are covering the workload for a teacher who recently
retired in my county. It would be difficult (but not impossible) for a
non-driving TVI to do this job. They drive an hour from MSB/Baltimore-area
to my daughter's school to work with her for an hour. They have other
students at other schools in this county. They have worked in other
counties in Maryland. Arranging transportation from home (wherever that is)
to another county/school district, working with a caseload of students,
possibly not all located at the same school could be a nightmare. In my
area, public transportation is a joke and I have no idea how reliable or
timely the other options are. It could be why they are including the
driving qualification. Not saying it's right, but I can see the
difficulties of a non-driver to get to the various job/school sites.