[Pibe-division] job accommodations question.

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 18 06:34:39 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

                Another option is to start yor own child care center. I know of a blind gentlemen who wanted to be a counselor in the 1950s. After getting his degree he began looking for work only to hit brick walls. He ended up working in a sheltered workshop putting eggbeaters together. He eventually met his wife and they bought a dry cleaning business. They started a second business. The income derived from it allowed them to sell the dry cleaning business. They achieved a significant income recognission level in 1979. Eventually the income from this ventured allowed this gentleman to open his own counseling center for run-away teens. I'm not sure if he ever hired blind employees.

                This person and others like him were willing to take a road less traveled to achieve their dream career goal.

                Since you understand the obstacles blind job seeker sface entering careers such as child care why not join them if you can't beat them and open your own child care center. Karla McQuillin is another example of a blind person who decided to become a job creator not just a job seeker by opening her school. Here's hoping you'll find a better way forward to launch your career and if you choose to open your own child care business can create opportunities for qualified blind persons wishing to pursue such a career. Just food for thought.

Peter Donahue