[Quietcars] Preliminary 2007 Accident Analysis

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Sun May 17 19:50:08 UTC 2009

Bob,

I think that going back to the beginning, while providing a larger sample,
will not necessarily provide accurate results.  We are now just getting to a
stage where a large number of these vehicles are on the road.

So, have we gotten out of the pioneer driver stage?  Is the complexion of
hybrid and silent car drivers changing?

No matter, the basic point is still that no matter how differently
manufacturers construct their vehicles without auditory cues of some kind
the manufacturers are endangering pedestrians.  Denying this is like saying
that sighted people do not require light to function including driving
about.

Mike Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group
     “Speaking with Vision”
                 Michael Hingson, President
                         (415) 827-4084
                   info at michaelhingson.com
                   www.michaelhingson.com

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com