[Quietcars] Runaway Prius.

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Fri Mar 19 14:46:00 UTC 2010

Perhaps the message I'd posted to Phil may have been a little strong, but
this runaway Prius game is something I'd been following, not solely because
I'm blind and use a dog guide to get around, but because I am a car nut.

In a second incident, a New York woman whose Prius crashed into a wall was
found to have been negligent in not hitting the brakes, but depressing the
accelerator fully to the floor.  Computers are a marvelous thing, aren't
they.  Though not incidents are going to be able to be replicated, the one
in California has been found to have been supposedly fraudulent as well as
this New York suburb.  Toyota says that there are accidents and mishaps that
have occurred, but the bandwagon on which people have been jumping to out
Toyota i9s truly amazing.  Other manufacturers have been plagued by runaway
acceleration, like Audi, Ford, Chrysler, etc., and in fact, Audi's problem
of the late 1980s was instrumental n having a transmission lock procedure
instituted whereby one couldn't pull the automatic trans lever out of park
UNLESS the brake pedal was deployed, making a possible unintended
acceleration incident less able to occur.  .

"I am accustomed to hearing malicious falsehoods about myself...but I think
I have
a right to resent, to object to, libelous statements about my dog."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Mike Townsend and Seeing Eye dog Brent
Dunellen, New Jersey  08812
emails:  mrtownsend at optonline.net;