[rehab] rehab teacher training

Jan Bailey jb021951 at charter.net
Sun Jun 7 20:02:41 UTC 2009

Well, the bad news first. I believe you will have to take the GRE if you go
to graduate school. I'm not a vision teacher, but I have worked as a rehab
teacher, and I did that with a bachelor's degree several years ago, but  a
rehab teacher teaches daily living skills and cooking to blind adults. They
may also teach some beginning cane travel skills, or some more advanced cane
travel depending on where they work. Vision teachers work with children, and
work more with them on their school work and adapting or modifying teaching
techniques that will help them get the information they need. They also
teach Braille and how to use adaptive equipment. . In Minnesota we hire VR
technicians to work with seniors, and they don't even have a Bachelor's
Degree. Jan