[rehab] adjustment to blindness

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 15:11:14 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am working on developing a curriculum for adjustment to blindness for my current job and I am wondering if anyone has done this and would not mind sharing tips on what to include and how to measure the final outcome. Are there any books, classes, or literature you would recommend? Since I do not work for an NFB Center, and need to be unbiased, I don’t want to push the NFB Philosophy. However, this does not mean that I should not use any of the NFB literature, but if someone can provide me with some pointers from an unbiased point of view I would really appreciate it. Does anyone do adjustment to blindness training as part of their job? If so, how do you handle it? Any thoughts or ideas would really be appreciate it.

Anmol
I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller