[rehab] adjustment to blindness

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Tue Sep 18 19:18:50 UTC 2012

Anmol,
Don't fall into the traditional agency trap of neutering anything that has
to do with the NFB.  No other profession would reject good ideas because
of the source, and the NFB has tons of stuff.  So use it, and attibute it.
Look at the Braille Forum and see if there is information in that which
you can use, and if you do, attribute it to the ACB.  If you find stuff on
the AFB website, use it and attribute it to the AFB.  And so forth.  You
cannot embrace all points of view, because some would be negative to what
you are doing, but you can discuss even the negative stuff and ask people
what they think about it.  be open about the fact that you are a
Federationist, and do not apologize for it.  Trust that your students will
be smart enough to figure out what is best for them, after sorting through
all the information they get from you.  Let them know the times and dates
of organization meetings too - NFB and ACB, and encourage them to attend
to see what each offers.