[Rehab] FW: Beyond Vision is Seeking a Director for Our Government Products division

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Thu Nov 14 17:45:14 UTC 2019

Super job at Beyond Vision.

Dick Davis

*From:* Sarah Heesen [mailto:sheesen at beyondvision.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:29 AM
*Cc:* Sarah Heesen <sheesen at beyondvision.com>
*Subject:* Beyond Vision is Seeking a Director for Our Government Products
division

Hello again, everyone,

Beyond Vision has posted another great opportunity... This one for someone
gifted in both project and people management who is ready to move into a
directorship role. This position reports to Jim Kerlin, our President and
CEO, and directs all aspects of our Government Products division, from
overseeing the production and promotion of our existing product lines to
developing new products and securing new business. This person heads up an
experienced team of professionals with lots of combined product experience
who are ready to learn and take on more! This position opens up at a
particularly exciting time as we finalize procurement for two large
military tool kitting projects and as orders for our newly-launched
sit-stand desks steadily rise. That on top of our long-established
Government product lines... Yes! This position will call all program and
project management skills into play and add new ones to boot!

I’m posting the general job ad below and attaching the detailed position
description.

NOTE: This job cannot be performed remotely, but Beyond Vision does assist
substancially with house-hunting and with relocation costs to the Milwaukee
area.

Application instructions are in the posting below. I am looking forward to
getting to know anyone qualified and interested in this role. People who
are blind or visually impaired and who have the necessary qualifications
and experience are strongly encouraged to apply!

Thanks again, everyone!

Sarah

*Director of Government Products*

(Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Beyond Vision is a unique social enterprise focused on creating employment
opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired. Don’t let our
non-profit status fool you, however. Our mission of employment and upward
mobility has steadily grown our operations into 5 successful business units
with locations across the country. We are looking for a strong leader to
direct the largest and fastest growing of those departments, the Government
Products Business Unit. As a member of our Senior Staff, this position
reports directly to our President & CEO and is responsible for the budget,
program management, and all operations related to products manufactured for
sale on our state and federal contracts. The best candidate for this
position has a strong background in manufacturing and project management
and is characterized by integrity, adaptability, effective communication,
strong problem-solving, a leadership style mirroring Servant Leadership
philosophy, and a Mission focus.

*Responsibilities include:*

·         Overall operation and performance of the Government Products
business unit. This includes financial performance, metrics, staff
development, and Mission (employment growth).

·         Evaluate potential products and projects for the federal
procurement list. Work with National Industries for the Blind and other
partners to gain assignments and drive process from conception to launch.

·         Establish project timelines and ensure critical project schedule
milestones are met while also insuring product quality, revenue and margin
goals are met.

*We Require*

·         A passion and commitment to fulfilling our mission and vision.

·         BA/BS in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or
business administration.

·         5+ years of in-depth manufacturing management experience.

·         Strong track record of effective large project management. The
ability to manage multi-faceted projects, establish timelines, and meet
deadlines.

Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
jobs at beyondvision.com

We invite you to learn more about our engaged culture at
www.beyondvision.com

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.

Sarah Heesen

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

5316 West State St.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208

Tel: (414) 758-2737 (direct)

Fax: (262) 439-5865 (confidential)

     mailto:SHEESEN at BEYONDVISION.COM <SHEESEN at BEYONDVISION.COM>

[image: beyond vision] <http://www.beyondvision.com/>

*Website* <http://www.beyondvision.com/>   l   *E-News Archive*
<http://www.beyondvision.com/blind-ambition/C:/Users/dfrey/Documents/Custom%20Office%20Templates>
 l   *Linkedin* <https://www.linkedin.com/company/beyond-vision-501-c-3>   l
*Twitter*
<https://twitter.com/beyondvision_WIC:/Users/dfrey/Documents/Custom%20Office%20Templates>
l   *Facebook* <https://www.facebook.com/BeyondVisionWI>   l   *YouTube*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHrbjc4edULERRJn31GRaYQ>   l   *Donate*
<http://www.beyondvision.com/support/donate/>

*Beyond Vision is enriching the lives of Americans who are blind…through
the dignity of work valued by customers and the community.*