[Social-sciences-list] SPSS Setup

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:13:12 UTC 2012

Hi Arielle and all,

My university is getting a license for SPSS 20 later this month, so I
will definitely keep you posted if I can get it to work with JAWS
without a lot of hassle. At this point, JAWS does speak all variable
names in the data analysis process-- In fact, I would say that it
works with most aspects of SPSS except for the fact that all output
files have to be exported into Excel or Word for reading. I did not
need to install extra memory to run version 19, although I did have to
download a special software patch as well as install the Java
Accessibility Bridge.

Katie