[Social-sciences-list] Professionals represented on list?

Gabias, Paul paul.gabias at ubc.ca
Mon Aug 5 18:11:20 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

I obtained my first job as a lecturer at the University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1986.  I was ABD (All But Dissertation) at that
point.  That's where I was teaching Graduate Statistics.  My second job
was as a Visiting Professor at the University of Nevada-Reno, in 1987.
I obtained my PhD in experimental psychology, from New York University
in 1988.  My third job was the same at the University of Southern
Colorado, in 1988.  My fourth job, as the same, was at Saint-Thomas
University, in Fredericton New Brunswick in 1989.  .  My first tenure
track job was at Okanagan College, in 1990.  I stayed there until 2005,
where I obtained a position at the University of British Columbia
Okanagan, without actually changing offices or buildings.  It was a
corporate take over, and I survived.  I'm still here.
You write: "Lots of us out here with similar degrees are becoming
hopeless cause jobs are hard to come by for the time being. Maybe this
could serve as enspiration to me and others long-term unemployed in the
social science community."  I know what you mean.  Many University
graduates feel the same.  If you or others would like to email me about
this, I may have something to offer you.  My email is:
pgabias at gabiaswellness.com

All The Best

Paul Gabias

    What all professions are represented on this list? I'd also be
interested to know your credentials as well. Lots of us out here with
similar degrees are becoming hopeless cause jobs are hard to come by for
the time being. Maybe this could serve as enspiration to me and others
long-term unemployed in the social science community.

Thanks,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA

--
Cordially,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA
Email: peterqwolfe at gmail.com
"If you don't stand for something you're willing to fall for anything."
-- Stand up for your rights --
Bob Marley