[Social-sciences-list] Careers in political science in quantative/qualitative research.

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:01:47 UTC 2013

Hi Jazmin,
Welcome to the list. It's great to meet someone else who is blind and
interested in learning to do statistics and data analyses. I am also
blind and finishing my doctorate in experimental social psychology
which has a very quantitative emphasis. There are jobs you can get at
the BA level, and I am copying my friend Jess Keating on this message,
who worked in polling after obtaining her bachelor's degree. You can
perhaps email her privately to get more information about how to go
into that field. However, if you'd ultimately like to take more of a
leading role in designing studies and reporting data, you may consider
getting a doctorate in political science, statistics or a related
subject like psychology or sociology. I have done my doctorate with a
minimum of special accommodations, using JAWS and the program SAS for
data analysis. You can write me off-list at
arielle71 at gmail.com
if you want more specific information about the assistive technology I use.
Best of luck,
Arielle