[Social-sciences-list] Careers in political science in quantative/qualitative research.

Peter Wolfe peterqwolfe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:17:58 UTC 2013

Hey,

    I'd strongly recommend you listen to Arielle cause she knows far
more than I! However, there are tons of jobs just realize many of the
quantative research jobs at either the federal to nonprofit sectors
are largely in Washington D.C. Are you part of any honorary groups
like the Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science group? I am part of
their Facebook page and they post jobs from time to time. The key
ultimately to get a good job in political science is to have a strong
gpa, engage in civic engagement on campus and get a real good set of
internships in D.C with in your case research statistics like the Puu
Research Forum or something.

    If I can be of more assistance just let me know okay? I know that
there are wonderful people on here that are more than willingto help
you out! You aren't the only one out here alone but in my case I'm
also transitioning being gay so stress isn't rare here! Anyways, I
would also suggest you get a strong minor like spanish, economics or
something cause those are very important or a second bachelors even or
whatever. Also consider working for the Census department on
demographics cause social science isn't contained likea prism or
something right? Keep your options open okay?

hugs,
Peter

--
Cordially,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA
e-mail: peterqwolfe at gmail.com
"If you don't stand up for something your willign to fall for anything"
Peter Q Wolfe
"Stand up for your rights"
Bob Marley