[Sportsandrec] surfing or snowboarding?

Lori twilight2 at kconline.com
Wed Dec 17 15:34:50 UTC 2008

Joe,
Haven't surfed, but have snow boarded as a totally blind person. I was an
avid skier before, so having my feet connected and using a front edge and
and a back edge (toe and heel) was a bit of an adjustment. If you want to
try it make sure to have someone who is good at it themselves. Some of the
adaptive ski programs have guides and instructors for snow boarding. The
guide may be right behind you (side by side with your board) at first. The
heel edges can be tricky because if you go to far it seems like the ground
and you meet before you know what happened *smile*.Once you get the hang of
it it's tons of fun. I've had instruction at the Ski Spectacular held at
BreckenRidge every December and then with the Discovery Blind Sports program
in Kirkwood Calif.

Live on the edge and for hydration, don't eat the yello sno.

Lori