[Sportsandrec] I stand corrected...

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Fri Dec 19 20:53:56 UTC 2008

...My apologies to the UF/FSU fans...I grew up in Europe, ask me about Bayern Munchen or 1 Fussball Club Kaiserslautern.

I've beat the dead hydration camel enough for now.

For the cycle enthusiasts out there, I recently read an article which I can no longer find the link to, concerning rolling resistance of road cycles. Basically, the article showed how a 700/25 tire had less rolling resistance than the 700/23, and how in some cases running a lower tire pressure actually decreased rolling resistance...something about the difference between the tire rolling down the road and bouncing down the road...Has anyone come across this before, because while it made sense, it is still counterintuitive to the years I spent in the saddle.

Thanks
Kelly