[Sportsandrec] new member

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 27 04:13:09 UTC 2008

Hi Andrew,

I joined maybe two years ago to find out the same thing, what blind people do to stay active.  Most on here seem to be involved in judo or goalball.  Tell us about yourself like if you're working or in school.  What interests you?  Anything recreation related like hiking?  As for me I am finishing my BA degree.  I am not an athlete.  I do try and workout all the time especially after joining a gym last year since if I don't workout I would waste my money.  I encourage you to find something you like for recreation if you haven't already.  They have spinning at my gym.  I agree with Carly that its accessible and enjoyable.  Spin is a group indoor cycling class where the instructor gives you a ride up hills, sprints, etc.  You control how hard you work by the level of resistance on your bike and the speed you pedal; music is playing so you can cycle to the rhythm if you want.

Ashley