[Sportsandrec] New Member

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 04:16:02 UTC 2008

Hi Andrew,
That's right; you're probably the only list member from Canada and there are likely different sports/rec activities for blind people up there.  So what is available?  Since sports are a cultural thing that is why different sports are available in different areas.  For instance I hear in Australia and England they have cricket and that is adapted for the blind.  Here goal ball is popular; although I believe that is a world wide thing; I've not played it though regularly just at camps for the blind.  Also there is beep baseball.  Bowling is adapted for the blind by guide rails to guide you to your spot to bowl.
So let us know.

Ashley