[Sportsandrec] Discovery Blind Sports

Roger Acuna kearney at lmi.net
Tue Nov 4 08:15:07 UTC 2008

You down hill skiers are fn vrave!   I am a total and I was scared crapless
the one time I went cross country skiing.  There was a hill where my guide
promised me that the coast was clear.  She was right except that some bushes
jumped in my path. It was actually pretty fun crashing through them with
only minor scratches,  but I will never ski down hill again.  I can't
imagine slamming into a tree.  That would hurt!  I really enjoy cross
country skiing but I don't think down hill is for me.  With cross country I
have some control over my skis and can maintain some level of echo
preception.