[Sportsandrec] Goalball and soreness [No ProtectiveMarking][SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Lori M. Miller lori at asmodean.net
Tue Apr 28 15:18:47 UTC 2009

Joe,

Looks like your questions have been answered but I'll chime in as one more
veteran of the game who padded up. In my past we have even practiced on
concrete floors and before hockey pants, I just used a football gurtle and
or nothing, and the hips will never forgive. So, the hockey pants can be
somewhat bulky, but you can remove some of the excess padding if you like.
The Trace brand always was my  favorite for elbow pads because they are
designed to allow the bend of your elbo to breathe. Occasionally I've seen a
player or two with shinguards, but the main things are the knees, hips, and
elbows.

Great to see TN coming back on the map, 10 years or so ago, they had a team.
Keep us posted and if you're interested in listening or watching the Utah
Goalball tournament will be broadcast at:
www.pressakey.net
The games are on Friday and Saturday.

Looks like some newer teams are going to be there.

As far as this season, after this weekend we are down to Nationals in
Colorado in June. FL might have some options and I've heard that Carolina is
starting up something possibly.

The more teams the better.

Lori