[Sportsandrec] New To List

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 22:56:53 UTC 2009

Tyson,

There are athletic feats that are done by oneself or with one other
person, like wrestling or gymnastics, or Martial arts, not to mention
spinning and weight lifting are athletics where only you can shine.
Don't get me wrong, I too much enjoy the comradery of others and
despise staying solo in anything.
But after going almost to competitive level of women' gymnastics as a
kid, I have learned about spinning, and honestly, it is one of the
best things ever to happen to me!
This is a very rich resource for testimonials from other blind
spinners, so let your questions FLY, Tyson!
Carly
like goal ball and beep ball.  But most are done with other sighted
people.  There is such a thing as blind bowling where bowlers bowl
with guide rails but you can also bowl with the help of your cane to
find the line.