[Sportsandrec] Bike Talk

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sat Jul 4 22:19:03 UTC 2009

Lori,

I miss my racing/competing days and the training and discipline that went with them, but between getting old and having very few chances to get out on the road, I doubt I'll ever "race" again. I shed a small tear for every bike I sold from my "stable," (which numbered seventeen at one point). I've been trying to get more involved with the local bike club, but the ice has been a little tough to break, and I get a sense of "apprehension" among some members about the first blind biker in their group. So, for now, its just throwing one of the old single frames in the trainer and spinning...thousands of miles on the rear tire, one mile on the front.