[Sportsandrec] Multiple shifters on tandems

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:37:12 UTC 2009

The more I read about shifting, the more I like the idea of the gears being
in the hands of the stoker. There is so much for a pilot to do, why not
balance the chores? Also, I often find myself asking my hubby/pilot to shift
the gears. Now that he is more comfortable riding, he isn't shifting like a
wild man. So, since I am the one already asking for the shifting, why not
have the gears in the back?

LM