[Sportsandrec] Fw: USA Judo Breaking News: Myles PorterandRonHawthorne Win International German ChampionshipsfortheBlind and Visually Impaired

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:00:36 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, I think the reason Ron and Miles were given more press is
because they brought home the gold.  They are also both  ranked on the sited
roster, which is pretty awesome.   It is pretty cool to be on a team with
two people who train so hard. Tina is right when she says that I am well
taken care of.  I think we were all treated well in Germany. I am really
excited I'm sure I'll get similar treatment when there is more to write
about, but I was not unhappy with what was said in the article. One of the
things that judo has taught me is to be humble.  Honestly, I was just happy
to compete.  There were five girls in my division including myself.  I
haven't read the article that Coach Vink wrote about me, but he will be
writing one for the up coming competition corner about the event.  So all
and all thanks for looking out for me, I was just happy to be back on the
mat.
Chris