[Sportsandrec] Another first group ride of the season

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Fri Apr 9 01:36:05 UTC 2010

Hi Kelly,

The Duet sounds like a great price! The Rolf wheels alone go for up to, I
think,  $1,350 w/titanium freehub body. I bought my Rolfs in 2007. I only
use them for races. They are at least a pound lighter than my everyday
wheels. The DA drivetrain too, says a lot. Get that bike! I'd keep the
Flight Deck on it until it fails. To remove it will mean unwrapping your
bars and possibly removing the shifters. Your pilots will enjoy its
information.

To measure your Trek, try measuring from the crank spindle bolt to the top
of the seat tube. That is a small frame, I'd imagine it might be a 16.5" in
the rear. However, for a stoker, I just put the seat and bars where I like
'em. What is more important is how the bike fits your pilots. Do you use a
talking tape measure? My brother likes his.

What year is your Trek? I would think it has 40-spoke wheels, or possibly
36'ers. To count them, I just count by feel each pair of spokes on one side.
A 36-er should have nine pairs. When my girl received her Burley, I was
checking out such details. I wonder if she noticed?:)

What about the Greenway?
Are you signed up with bicyclingblind? blind_cycling at yahoogroups.com?

Best,

Ron & the Dad washed the comforter today bears
Austin, TX
www.bicyclingblind.org