[Sportsandrec] Fw: Invitation to ride in Nashville TN

Lori lori at asmodean.net
Tue Apr 13 18:27:26 UTC 2010

Forwarding from another list.

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Invitation to ride in Nashville TN

Hello all list members:

I wanted you all to see the below post from a good friend of mine who is coordinating a great ride in Nashville this June. I personally rode this ride last year and it was top notch. Wonderful route and a good choice of mileage selection. The rest stops even had a theme for each one and they competed to be the best and most fun. My personal favorite was the Jimmy Buffett tent. Lots of fruit and even good music to chill out with while enjoying my fruit slush. A big cookout ended my miles on the road. Enjoyed visiting with the many cyclist and checking out their gear while having a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Hope you will consider contacting Les and asking more details about this ride. Hope to see some of you there. It would be nice to meet some of our list members in person. I heard rumor that Pam Fernandez is planning to ride again this year.

Regards,
Sue Buckley

Hello Cyclist:
Our bike club in Nashville TN. is putting it's annual River Ride together with one of our primary goals to include and highlight adaptive athletes together. The ride is co-sponsored by Nissan and we hope to draw 1500 riders to middle Tennessee this June 12th.

Mike Willman, coordinator for the 2010 River Ride and myself, Les Wooldridge, Adaptive Athlete Coordinator have both been fortunate enough to attend one of the Paralympic Training Camps at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs where some of your list members such as, Sue Buckley and Lori Miller, trained as well.
It was that experience that helped foster our great desire to include as many adaptive athletes in our local ride as possible.

Please let me know if you could attend and if possible help us spread the word of this ride to other visually impaired/blind or hand cyclist that you may know. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us.

Here is a link to our ride:
http://www.harpethriverride.com/

Thanks,
Les Wooldridge