[Sportsandrec] Need An Incentive to Work Out?

Tai Blas taiablas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:24:52 UTC 2012

Here is a new service I have yet to try. I believe that an Android phone or
iPhone is required. GymPact charges you for missed workouts and rewards you
for meeting your weekly workout goals. When you sign up for an account, you
specify how many times a week you will go to the gym or run using the
RunKeeper app. You enter the gym you will attend and link your RunKeeper
account to GymPact. You enter your financial info securely and specify how
much the app can charge you each time you miss your workout. When you get to
the gym or start a RunKeeper workout, start the GymPact app and complete
your workout. Your phone's GPS will know how long you are at the gym or
using RunKeeper and will register your workout. If you do not attend, you
are charged the amount you committed to pay for missed workouts. If you do
attend all of your workouts, then you are eligible to receive a payment. The
payments charged to users who do not complete their weekly workout goals are
then divided up among all of the users who did complete their weekly workout
goal. Each week, you have an opportunity to cancel your account if you do
not want to participate that week. More information is available at:
http://www.gympact.com

Tai