[Sportsandrec] [No real] Dive site suggestion for Tom

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Tue Feb 26 18:21:07 UTC 2013

Funny how the rescue divers never seem to get to dive warm weather sites eh? I spent some time doing search and rescue/recovery in Switzerland of all places; some underwater welding in the North Sea; and even a month of hull inspections on river barges in Germany...Did you know smugglers will weld hooks on the hulls of barges to attach contraband? There's a dive job that sucked bad air! My only real warm water vacation diving was the Red Sea, and the damage from the popularity of the locale was so sickening I vowed never to spend money there again.

Have you looked at, or considered, live aboards? There are also some all-inclusive resorts in Mexico (Cozumel comes to mind), but there are a lot of "less reputable" sites around these resorts, my sister had a really bad experience with one, but she didn't know what to look for in a company. . Sport Diver magazine recently published an article on all inclusive resorts, and I imagine the info could be found online.

"Nothing like getting your fix of compressed air."
Hope the trip works out for you.

Kelly