[Sportsandrec] martial arts schools

judoheidi at comcast.net judoheidi at comcast.net
Tue Sep 24 13:01:45 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley,
It really all varies from club to club. Many of the BJJ/Tae Kwon Do/ Karate places require contracts like a gym. I don't know of any judo on that does, although I supposed there may be some out there. Also judo is going to be by far the cheapest. My
Club is $60 a month for as many classes as you want to take and we
Offer 8 classes a week for adults. Of course price depends on the market. You're going to pay more in New York than Alabama.  We offer discounts for paying for multiple months ahead of time (6 mos or a year). I'm surprised you couldn't find prices on the websites. That would be a red flag for me....
As for class levels, generally it is divided by rank.  Most places have a set schedule for testing and promotion. At my dojo its quarterly. Our beginner/advanced class division is fluid and based more on how a person. Progresses and how hard they want to work.
Anyway, what you should do is go to the club and talk to the coach since every club is going to be different.

Heidi
Www.denverjudo.com

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App