[Sportsandrec] Zumba?

Gaston Bedard gasbedard at videotron.ca
Mon Jul 18 12:31:15 UTC 2016

Well, I'm sure it can be done, if you find the right folks in the fitness
class, to show you the moves, show you the verbal cues, and the class
routines.
Here's an idea.
meet the instructor before the fitness class to discuss your vision loss,
your level of fitness, ask the instructor if you can introduce yourself to
the entire fitness class.
Tell everyone in the class about yourself, explain your vision loss, tell
them you need assistance to learn to follow their routines, their moves and
patterns, and if someone in the class can coach you for a few lessons.
You may be happy and surprised to learn there may be folks in the fitness
class who know a lot about vision loss, who may have blind relatives and who
may be inspired to assist you.
It can be done, educate the people in the class, make it work.

I'm totally blind, run regular road races with sighted guides.