[Sportsandrec] Question about triathlons

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Tue Jun 7 01:11:16 UTC 2016

First, it's best not to be tethered while in the swim. I found the best approach is to have your guide swim in front of you, and you can use your hands to tap her ankles to guide yourself. Another approach would be to have your guide swim behind you, and tap your ankles for the direction she wants you to go. Hey third approach is to have your guide swim next to you and give you directions on the turns and such.

Depending on the course, you're running technique sounds to be quite constrictive. I have found the best approach for me it's something simple like a bandanna or a rope between me and my guy.I have found this best for both traditional and Xterra events. Regardless of your technique, remember that according to international triathlon and paralympic rules you must cross the finish line of the run before your guide.

Good luck and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone