[stylist] Section of story

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Nov 16 18:12:45 UTC 2008

RJ,
I haven't been on the list long enough to know the whole story, but this
one thing confuses me.
Block quote
She thought about when she informed Barbra of her
decision to Join the United States army, Barbra was
behind her 100 percent.

Block quote end

I don't like "about when."  Is the important thing that she thought
about the time that ... or is the important thing that she thought that
Barbara supported her? Does this say what you mean?  "When she told
Barbara her decision to join the United States Army, she had been under
the impression that she supported her."  I think you're trying to do two
things with "about when:" 1. setting up the memory of the conversation
and 2. introducing the conflict between her original impression and
current impression.  I don't think you need "when" to set up the
conversation.
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org