[stylist] New THOUGHT PROVOKER #138- In a Crowded Place

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 06:07:36 UTC 2008

I do very well in crowded places. I do have to admit I haven't tried
Disneyland by myself yet. I'm not sure I want to only because as I get older
I do prefer quieter places, perhaps for reflection rather than being
stimulated by crowds. A man I admire and wanted to marry at one time called
me a social butterfly. I once disappeared on him in a crowd and started
making friends. Crowded bars are usually okay when I frequent them, church
parties and birthday celebrations are where I get my crowds. My x fiance got
jealous once because I was off making friends in a crowd and he was onstage
doing whatever he was doing. He was blind I guess he didn't want me
wandering away from him. In any case, that was that. If I'm looking for
someone in a crowd and I cannot successfully locate them I will ask someone
to scope out the crowd to find them. If there's noone to ask to find someone
I usually go about my business saying hello to people and introducing myself
until I find them. And then there are those times when I walk into a crowded
place and just want to sit and daydream. Lately what I've been doing is
going to the train station and talking to people I've never met before,
sometimes on the patio or sitting by the tracks on the planter or the
benches. It's not always crowded but it is a new environment and does take
some assertiveness. And then there are times when I go into a crowded place
and just sit and want to participate and don't. Two weeks ago I went to a
completely new place, Santa Barbara, and found my way around town on the
trolley and to a restaurant and back to the train station. If I needed help
I asked for it and people were surprisingly gracious not stepping in to help
if I didn't ask. It was nice. the only thing I didn't do was stroll down the
main boulevard and go shopping partly because I didn't want to stray too far
from the train station and miss the last train (it was a three hour trip
back and I couldn't afford to be late for work) and I didn't really want to
spend money. Next time I go there I'll do that. That whole area was pretty
crowded. IN short, whatever mood I'm in is how I handle crowds. They're
quite doable for me as a blind person.
Shelley J. Alongi
Your Lifelong Pampered Chef Consultant With Bells On!
Home Office: (714)869-3207
Start your holiday shopping now with great quality tools from the pampered
Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/shellbellskit

**
Read my latest writing about my Santa Barbara train trip
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smreadtitle.cgi?action=display&file=newtitles/AlongiSJ-Metrolink111LoveANew.htm

To read other essays on my journey through Metrolink 111 or other interests
click on
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A

updated Oct 21, 2008