[stylist] What comes first?...the story or the call for submission

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 03:04:36 UTC 2009

Hi, Amy.   I hope when you are submitting to a publisher, the first thing you
do is have someone check your spelling.   The spell check won't pick it up,
but summery -- s u m m e r y means like summer, and the word you want is
summary -- s u m m a r y.

I write first, search for publishers later.   A well known science fiction
writer, Piers Anthony, queries with his ideas before he writes, but the ideas
are his.   He says before he did this, he was starving.   This way, he doesn't
waste time writing something he can't sell.
Lori