[stylist] Krafters Division looking for a writer

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu May 21 03:13:46 UTC 2009

Stylist members

Today I received the following request from the Krafters Division president.
I believe we have been honored by Joyce's recognition that our Division
would be a resource to fulfill her Division's need for a newsletter and a
series of articles. This would be great experience for someone. And if you
would, please do let me know if you and Joyce hook up.

Hello Robert:

My name is Joyce Kane and I am the President of the NFB Krafters Division.
We are a new division of the NFB as of last year.  The division is growing
and we have been doing some remarkable things with a great group of people.
Less then 2 years ago this was only a thought in my mind when I returned
home after the NFB Convention, how great it would be getting some blind
crafters together and sharing their know how.
Well it has grown by leaps and bounds.  We have a list, we had our first
meeting in Dallas and have a constitution, officers and official division
status.  We have a weekly chat room via telephone conference calling.  We
have had blind crafters teaching craft classes via telephone conference
calling since June of last year.  The most exciting thing just recently
happening is we had classes and with the use of Stypes and the telephone
conference calling we had some blind folks included in our live class from
Australia and England.  So we have gone Internationally.

Now the reason for my email is that I am looking for some help to write up
some things to get the word out about this.  I need some articles to put
into newsletters, etc.

We are in the process of doing a website and I would like to feature some
articles on the website of our talented craft folks.  So I am looking for
someone to do the writing.  It was suggested that I contact the writers
division seeking help.

If you know of anyone that would be interested please do give out my contact
information to them.  You have my permission to do that.

Joyce Kane
Blindhands at aol.com
203 378 8928

If you want or would allow me to make a statement at your division meeting
in Detroit I would be happy to do that, too.

Thank you very much for any help with this.

Joyce Kane
President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net