[stylist] need inspiration

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 04:10:03 UTC 2009

sorry this will be too late to help with this assignment, but here are some
of my techniques:
Journaling
To do this, your character must write in the first person, date each entry,
and keep track of events which must happen just before he or she writes
them down.
narrative
I put myself or my character in the situation, and let the story unfold,
reflecting on events as they come up, usually in first person.

You would be surprised how something that happened to you as a child
becomes a story when you dit down to write it.   It may not seem relevant or
important to you looking back, but when you place yourself in it as it happens,
you can see the significance.

Examples;   moving house, coping with a new neighbor, making friends.
                  starting school, getting lost coming home, getting found
again
                  being afraid of a bully, facing your fears, making him
your friend

These are all situations that children have to deal with, and all can be
quite important in a child's life, and form a good story.   The more
universal, the better.
Lori