[stylist] Novel Outlines

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Sun Jul 11 20:54:28 UTC 2010

Joe, I never use outlines for my novels.  Instead I formulate my opinions on
separate documents that I title "Worksheet".  I also started doing it
chapter by chapter.  I have one novel called, so far, "Secrets".  So I have
a document entitled, "One secrets".  Once the chapter is in almost complete
form I paste it into a worksheet so I have a consecutive version of the
book.  Almost complete means that once we think it is perfect, we go back to
it and start editing.  Perhaps someday we'll cover the line between complete
and incomplete when evaluating our books.  HTH, Judith