[stylist] Short story: warrior

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:26:22 UTC 2010

Danielle,

Excellent writing for an eleven-year-old.  It seems you sent us a portion of
the story?  I would give some more information about the girl, perhaps more
clues about why she was on the battlefield and at least a hint of what she
might've been looking for.  I think she may've been looking for her father,
given how the story ended, but the guy picking her up seems like a random
act until we discover later that he's in fact her father.  The setting leads
me to believe we're talking about an earlier time given the choice of horses
and weapons.  Finally, the reason I asked if this might be a portion is
because of the epilogue.  Is this perhaps a novel you started?  Great job so
far.  Keep it up.

Best,

Joe