[stylist] synopsis

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon Oct 18 14:31:28 UTC 2010

Hi Judith,
I agree with Chris's post on the unclear sentences. I wouldn't expect a
publisher to answer your question on length personally, though they may
have submission guidelines on their site. The question of how to
construct a query letter with summary is addressed in "Getting Your Book
Published for Dummies" which NLS has in audio/digital download format. I
recently re borrowed it because I haven't been able to locate the notes
I took on it years ago. I would suggest that, whatever the length, that
a summary of the book such as what you would read on the cover be your
first paragraph.

My other thought has to do with your contacting the publisher directly.
Perhaps it's a mumpsumus on my part, but I thought this was your first
novel. In general, publishers don't work with first-time novelists
except through literary agents.

HTH,
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org