[stylist] The Voices of Angels and attachments

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 11 21:15:30 UTC 2010

Hello Robert and everyone,

    Text files such as documents can be read without any concern of getting
a virus and infecting other users. Dave has anty-virus software installed on
the NFB Net server that protects NFB Net from malicious viruses and other
Internet nasties. It's also a good idea for users to install anty-virus
programs on their own PCS as an additional layer of protection.

    Any attachment with an unfamiliar file extension, or executable files
received from an unknown source should not be opened and should be deleted
post haste. Otherwise feel comfortable about opening and reading text
material received as list attachments. Hope this answers your question.

Peter Donahue
Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division