[stylist] Holiday exercise: Comments on comments for Tattered Remains of Christmas

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Tue Dec 13 00:05:27 UTC 2011

Bridgit,

If you were shooting for a more poetic or lyrical
style of writing on this, then you definitely met
your goal. Congrats.  I tend to like the more
conversational style  myself such as Grisham,
Sparks, etc. Not as cryptic, but that is just my
preference to sit down and read at a faster pace.
Reading line-by-line to take in the use of
adjectives and ten dollar words--not ten million
by the way , there's a few more zeros in that
one-- ;), is OK  in a different style of reading
such as poetry or lyrics. I do also prefer if a
dude is talkking, then he talks dude :).I
wouldn't call that gender stereotyping. It's hard
not to call a dog a dog especially when he's
lifting his leg on the lamp pole, it is what it
is and using a different language style isn't
going to change it much. Again just my opinion
and preference but in the middle of a hostile
scene doesn't seem the time to wax poetic, but
hey, there's  musicals out there where actors
will break into song in the midst of a dilemma
and though we don't see that in real life people
absolutely love it, it's just not my preference,
and life would certainly be boring if all
artistic creations were. You have some really
nice   elements  regardless of the
style  preference  differences and I did
appreciate it for that for sure especially for a
multi-tasking write. As I always  say on evals,
it is just one person's opinion, balance it out
with the masses and  either tuck it or chuck it :).

Brad

On 12/12/2011  04:22 PM Bridgit Pollpeter said...