[stylist] Rub It In chapter

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 14:20:07 UTC 2011

Thanks to all who took the time to read and comment on my chapter.

Brenda, I think you are right about that transition--thanks for pointing it out. Transitions are a weak spot for me. In my critique group, several people have commented on how I sometimes just seem to beam Dan from one place to another.

Brad, I think you're probably a year or maybe two older than me, but we were both kids in the sixties, teens in the seventies, and wondered what the hell was happening to music in the 80s technopop era. At least there was Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Black Crowes. A book you might enjoy is Bill Bryson's, 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid'. It's a creative memoir of Bryson's youth in Iowa during the 50s. There is one chapter about how crappy the toys of that time were--slinkies, electric football, silly putty, Mr. Potato Head... I read it this past summer, and while I was power washing my house one day I started laughing out loud so hard my neighbor came over to see if I was drunk. It was at the point when he tells a story about Lincoln logs, and anyone who has read the book will remember that part. Good stuff.

chris