[stylist] Canes and dogs

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Mon May 9 20:25:37 UTC 2011

Agreed, Bridget.  Travelling for the visually impaired is as personal as any
other choice any individual makes about his/her preferences.  I travel with
a cane and am very comfortable like that.  I use a ball tip but recognize
that others prefer a steel tip.  I've spent a lot of time around dogs.
Granted they were not  dogs trained to serve the visually impaired, but I
loved them as much as any human being can love a pet.  I can probably bore
all of you to death talking about my mutt Tippy and our Irish wolfhound
Oonaugh.  The tools we prefer to choose to aid our independence is not a
commentary on what we as people represent and are capable of no more than a
person who owns  a Chevy is better than the person who owns a Ford.  I only
hope that we can stop being individual judges and return our focus to things
that are more constructive.  Judith