[stylist] Poem Share

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Apr 2 21:28:44 UTC 2012

Lynda,
I wanted you to know that I am working on your poem, "The Storms of April."
When I open the attachment, it comes up in page layout. JAWS will read it
only from beginning to end. My normal keys of going back a line or up one
paragraph, etc. do not function as in a normal word document.
So while I hear the fascinating line repetitions, rhymes, near rhymes, I am
unable to analyze them and plant them visually in my brain.
I am not sure you understand this, but my appreciation of a poem depends on
my careful tracking of all the elements as well as an appreciation of the
content.
After reading it from beginning to end, three times, but not able to isolate
a line, I think it is an exceptional piece of work. I am wondering if it is
a traditional form, or a variation of a form. The repetitions and rhymes
make me suspect this.
I intend to try to change it out of page layout if I can figure out how to
do it. All of my attachments seem to be coming through that way now and
severely limits me.
More later.
Jackie