[stylist] Braille Monitor article- Kids say the darndest things

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:02:51 UTC 2012

Kids do ask the greatest blind-related questions, and really, the
greatest questions in general. Adults though... I had a guy once so
amazed that Ross and I could identify specific types of precipitation
including rain without sight. Really? That one makes me giggle still,
grin.

When in training at IDB, we frequently spoke to classrooms at grammar
schools, which was always fun. We had every question from how do you
walk to how do you dress to how do you go the bathroom. I still wear
make-up a lot when out and about, and I will always love fashion, so
little girls are always curious about how I know what to wear and how to
put make-up on. Funny thing, even though I do certain things, I can't
always explain well how to do them to others.

Kids are so honest yet open, and I love this. It's very refreshing.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan