[stylist] Entering a Writing Contest is a risk

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 18 16:56:30 UTC 2012

In writing and in art, we are creating work as a form of communication. That
is what writing and art is about, isn't it? It is the normal state of
affairs to be entering our work to places for consideration for publication,
or in the case of art work, to a juried exhibition.  It becomes your
"normal" to be putting your work out there.  It is a good thing, to have
feedback from others, and to be rejected or accepted because it gives us a
sense of what our work looks like to others.  Rejection is a very important
part of being an artist and writer. We learn to accept it and keep on going.
IMO.

Lynda