[stylist] Word 2010 question

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat Feb 18 19:17:40 UTC 2012

Okay folks. I encountered something unknown to me today which is kind
of troubling and frustrating. Evidently when entering a hard carriage
return in Word 2010, it is putting an entire line between the text
you just left and the new text you are typing. If I'd wanted double
spacing I'd have hit the carriage return twice. I've looked at the
line spacing and set it to 1 but to no avail. Here's the thing, Jaws
does not even see the space when you navigate up and down the
document. It appears as one paragraph. I knew something was up when I
bought this new computer a while back and tried to CTRL Up Arrow
through my documents and it would never go past the current paragraph
without first just arrowing past it.

To my knowledge I've not changed any out of the box setting. The sad
thing is, everything I've written on this machine is likely this way.
I wish Microsoft would stick to software and get out  of the business
of imposing their assumptions. Any help is appreciated.

Brad