[stylist] what are you currently reading?

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Jul 17 16:38:18 UTC 2012

Anita,
Perhaps the biggest thing is to hold to your interest for a topic. I doubt
that you will ever find a topic that has not already been addressed. More
stories of a medical, mystery, or treatment of the blind will find their
uniqueness in the style and content of your writing, and not on how many of
those have been written before. A really good one can lead to a series
particularly when the audience really comes to love the protagonist. Love
may not be the right word, perhaps, intrigued is a better word, which could
easily happen with a blind sleuth, or doctor.
Keep on with your reading and experimenting, and your own unique slant on
any topic will emerge.
Jackie